Selecting your Engagement and Wedding Ring(s) is such an important part of the Engagement and can be SO much fun...... but, it can also be a little stressful and a difficult decision to make! Here are a few tips to selecting your PERFECT ring.... whether your a boyfriend ready to propose and need to pick out a ring on your own, or you both are picking it out together, these tips will be for you!
1. START to do your research. It is SO important to get great value. Value does not have to be costly, it just needs to be something you really both want, and knowing that it is worth paying for. Jewelry can be so hard to understand and recognize value, but just a little education on jewelry before you go ring shopping, will help you go into it with understanding.. and not get you into something that you are not well informed on.
2. Google or Pinterest Pictures of rings, to figure out your style and preference. Bring them printed out, or on your phone to the jewelry store to show the Jeweler, so that they can start you in the right direction, and then go from there!
3. If you are looking for a ring to propose to your girlfriend, and she has no idea... then do the best thing.... talk to her friends that you can trust to keep a surprise, even her mom might be able to help tell you about her style, preferences, or hack into her pinterest (;
4. Ring shopping can be a little frazzling, so do not be discouraged if it takes several trips to different jewelry stores, and even if you change your opinions or different style rings! Some times it is better to try different stores, even if you found one you LOVE... because it's good to check out different locations with different jewelers, and different price points! Even try the same place a couple weeks apart, sometimes they get new rings quickly, or they have different sales! NEVER let the pressure get to you in choosing a ring, even if it is "half off" or set at such a great rate. There will always be another ring, do not make a decision on any one ring if that one just does not feel right, regardless of the price its labeled at.
5. Have FUN! Enjoy this time together, and even if there are disagreements, do not let that get between you. It is not worth any trouble. You will both know and agree on the one that is right! You'll know when you know!! This is such an exciting time in your lives, enjoy and savor every moment ring shopping and looking at such beautiful pieces of jewelry; until you find the one that will symbolize your commitment to each other forever.